Friday, May 2, 2008

OYE VEY!!!

I didn't realize that it had been two months since I started this thing!  I'm itching to start writing on here more often.  Not that life has been that exciting lately, but i'm unemployed so I have heaps of free time!  If anyone has any leads on some sort of interesting job give me a ring.  I'm feeling desperate.  I always heard that when you graduate college you feel confused and lost and don't know what to do with your life, but I never imagined it being this bad!  Haha.  I've been realizing lately though that I should take advantage of this time to learn something new, take up some hobbies, read a book etc.  One thing that I have wanted to do for a long time is learn a language, but i'm torn...Spanish or French????  I have taken classes in both of these languages and have always liked the French classes better.  I LOVE the French language, but how often am I really going to use it?  If I knew that I would be frequenting Paris, the French Riviera, and Monaco then I'd be on it!  Spanish on the other hand is SO useful in California, plus I fell in love with Barcelona this past summer...I would love to live in Spain for awhile!  I think I just answered my own question of what language I should learn, but i'm not ready to commit yet.  I still have a soft spot for French that i'm not willing to give up....

5 comments:

Nini said...

Shmoe. I just logged on to your blog to tell you to write a stinking blog! Nice work!!

You should go for the Espanol. You will use it more here...and you will find that you will be able to use it in more than just a few countries. Italian and Spanish are very similar...and you will understand heaps of French with your Spanish too...once you master Spanish...you can move on to French.

We love you.

briandem said...

Oh Nuraini, you always give me good advice! I've known all along that I should learn Spanish...i was just about to head to the library to pick up some books and start brushing up on my Spanish skills. Anyway, I have a pacifier at my house that belongs to you (more likely Analise) and we owe you guys some pudding one of these nights since I made it when you were over and then I forgot about, haha, what a bad hostess I am!

Ashmaxphoto said...

GIRLLLLLLLLLL!!! love the blog..how do I add u to mine?

faithsalutes said...

I love Barcelona. I also speak French. I would choose Spanish, no I wouldn't...I would choose French.

Being practical is overrated.

xxoxo

Raya Carlisle said...

That's a tough one. I chose to take 3 years of French in high school because I love the language and everyone else was taking Spanish. However, now I wish I had learned Spanish. I've used my French like once. And you probably won't get made fun of as much in Spain for your accent as you do in France!