Friday, May 23, 2008

My European Excursion

It was a year ago today that I arrived at the Charles de Gaulle International Airport to meet my friend Laura for our European Excursion.  That five and a half week trip was one of the best times in my life.  There was no stress, no worries, no schedules, and lots of food (well, not always), lots of exploring, and heaps of FUN!  I saw so many great places on that trip and can't wait to go back to some of them some day.  

As I mentioned, we met in Paris and from there went to Amsterdam, multiple places in Germany, Vienna and Salzburg, Austria, Prague, Budapest, Milan, Monaco, the French Riviera, Paris, Porto and Cascais, Portugal, and Barcelona.  I have yet to create any sort of album from this trip or print up any of the photos.  So I have decided to re-live the trip by posting a few photos and videos in order of the places that we went.  

Once Laura and I met in Paris we boarded a train and went straight to Amsterdam for one night.  We were exhausted from our travels so we didn't get too much sight seeing in.  We did however get to the van Gough museum, which was amazing.  Highly recommend it if you ever get to Amsterdam.  Here are a few photos from our first two days of travel....


The oh-so-popular "I amsterdam" sign.



Meet my gorgeous friend Laura.  She comes from an amazing family and we have known each other since we were born.  We had the best time together...lots of laughs and so many memories! (I have no idea why my font changed and I can't figure out how to change either one of them now...I'm still new to this whole blog thing)



I have never seen as many bikes as I have when I was in Amsterdam.  I wish that I wasn't so jetlagged at this point in the trip so that I had more pictures.  We went on a canal cruise so that we could get a quick glimpse of the city, and we both kept falling asleep, bummer.   It really was a beautiful place with some amazing architecture as well, so neat.  



Check back tomorrow and see where our trip took us to next.....

1 comment:

Krista said...

What a fun way to start journaling your trip! Who cares if its a year late. I always love travel journals, and since I am itching to go SOMEWHERE right now, I am excited to see what you have to post. Thanks Shmoe! :)