Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Hair

I finally did it. I bit the bullet, joined the rage, and got myself some bangs! It's funny how we can stress over something like bangs for two years. Every time I went in to get my hair cut I would think, "ok, i'm gonna do it this time, i'm gonna tell her that I want bangs." And two years later here we are finally, with bangs. It was quite the traumatic experience, i'm not going to lie :-)

They've taken some getting used to, but I think I like them. Everyone once in a while though I feel like i'm back in second grade on picture day. For instance, after a bike ride when they are all over the place and sticking straight up...it looks like i'm trying to relive the days of curling irons and hair spray on bangs.

Overall, they've been good to me. I needed a hair change and I'm so glad that I finally gave in after two years. If you've been wanting to do something with your hair I highly suggest you just do it. What's the worst thing that can happen? It's just hair, right?

5 comments:

Nini said...

Emily..what CAN'T you pull off. You are simply stunning as usual. However I will withhold more of my opinion ransom until I get to see you in person!

faithsalutes said...

I always say Hair grows back, stop being so flipped out.

People don't like change, but change is what makes the world mo'better.

Kelly said...

Love the bangs! I have a love/hate relationship with mine.... just pin them back when the mood strikes you, and you'll never even know they're there!

Krista said...

I had the pleasure of seeing the haircut in person, and I think it totally works for you! Threw me off at first just because I don't think I've ever known you with bangs, but I still think its great and totally works. :)

Joy Williams said...

I like it, Emery. :)