Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crafty

A few months ago Brian and I bought an old window at the flee market. Originally we were going to use it to make a hutch, but due to the size of our cute little beach shack we realized that a hutch would take up too much space, so the window sat in the shed.  That is until we heard the idea of turning an old window into a mirror.

Being the crafty guy that he is Brian took on the project by himself while I was at work one day.  I came home and we had a mirror!  He popped out the window panes, sanded everything down, painted it, distressed it, and then glued in the mirrors.  I think he did an awesome job!  It reminds me something that would be hanging in Anthropologie for one of their new displays, but they would have them hanging all over the store in multiple different colors. Anyway, here is the finished project...


4 comments:

Raya Carlisle said...

Very cool. Major husband points for Brian!

Nini said...

Love it. Love you and Brian. Need to see and Brian in person.

Erin said...

This is so great. Very good job, Brian!!

beth said...

I just found your blog....and I love this mirror as I'm a huge fan of old window frames, well really frames of any kind and that shade of yellow...WOW !!!!

And from the previous post...I'm a bang person, always have been, so of course I think yours are perfect !!!