Monday, September 13, 2010

Pacific Grove and the Painted Lady

The day after my crazy summer school class was finished I headed down to Pacific Grove with one of my best friends, Lauren, for a night away. It was a much needed "school is done" night away for me and a "baby boy #2 is arriving soon" night away for her. It was so nice to have some quality friend time and some much needed relaxation!

Lauren's in-laws own a house right up the street from the infamous "Lover's Point," so our accomodations were fabulous! Most all of the houses in Pacific Grove have a name, and theirs is called the, "Painted Lady."

House

As you can tell, it happened to be nice and foggy the day we arrived, so we took full advantage of the less then perfect weather and totally vegged out. First, we got pedicures.

Polish

Baby boy #2 came along for the fun. We most definitely enjoyed the massage chairs and the opportunity to catch up on celebrity gossip.

baby belly

We went for a very short stroll down to Lover's Point to check out the sites.

seagull

Then what better to do on an overcast day then put on some sweat pants and watch a movie, so we did. Have you seen, "A Good Year?" If not, you should, it's a good one, especially if you like France :-)

What came next? Take out Chinese food...YUM! I can't remember the last time I ordered Chinese food; it had been far too long. There really is something fun about it being cold outside and being bundled up in sweat pants, chowing on Chinese food, and talking with a girlfriend. I think it should be done more often!

take out

The next day we were surprised to find that Pacific Grove treated us to something unusual...a bright sunny day! Here's the view from the Painted Lady...

View 2

view 1

Lorraine, I'm so glad that we were able to spend some quality time together...thanks for the invite! I find it amazing that we've been friends since we were born, and we're still going strong. I think we're staying pretty true to our promise and are gonna be "buddies til the end of the world..."

4 comments:

The Furtados said...

your photos are fantastic! I want another weekend away with you to relax and enjoy the simplicities in life! You're just the sweetest bean!

Stef said...

you took amazing photos, Emily! I love Pacific Grove... like no other place I've been to. I relax the moment I drive down Lighthouse Ave :)
Also, I know that house!! I've seen it before and actually took a picture in front of it. Its making me LOL that you know the people who live there.
looks like one.awesome weekend.

ma said...

Em, the Lord is faithful as you walk in His ways. What a blessing to have the long time friendship that you and Lauren share.Its an honor to call you my daughter and to be Laurens long standing Aunt Kim. Love you both ~ Ma

Krista said...

How fun! It looks like you ladies had a relaxing weekend, much needed I am sure!!