Thursday, June 5, 2008

The hills are alive....

With the sound of music! I'm sure you guessed it...Austria. We went to both Salzburg and Vienna. Salzburg being more of a small town surrounded by rolling hills, and Vienna a beautiful city that brought us wonderful weather for the rest of our trip. I'm not going to write too much for this post because I am SO frustrated! I tried uploading a video multiple times, but something keeps happening so it won't finish and also uploading pictures is driving me crazy. I can't figure out how to put them side by side, then some of them get deleted and I have to start over, and the order is always messed up. I am not the most technically savvy person, but how hard can this really be? It's driving me nuts at the moment. Enough of that...


Vienna. This was my favorite building. I can't remember for the life of me what it's purpose was, but it was beautiful. We spent hours in front of it: soaking our feet in the large fountain, journaling, laughing, and eating gelato with the locals.






The Schonbrunn Palace (large, yellow building up a few pictures)! Quite the large establishment...it was built to rival Versailles in France, but apparently they lacked the funds and were never able to accomplish what they set out to do.

One of my favorite things to do when I am at a place like this is to imagine the parties that must have gone on. How amazing would they have been!

The two below that one are pictures of a portion of the grounds at this massive estate.



These last two photos are from Salzburg. I had others that I wanted to post, but again, my inability to figure blogger out has kept me from doing so.

Anyway, I want one of these houses to the left. Aren't they too cute? The whole river was lined with houses just like these, gorgeous!

Austria was a happy place. Everything was nice and perfect and clean and of course very expensive :-) We were able to see many of the place where the Sound of Music was shot (Laura and I were huge fans when we were younger) such as the gazebo, the VonTraps house, the lake and back of the house where the water scene takes place, and of course the horse fountain that Maria dances around. Call us cheesy, but we loved it!

1 comment:

Nini said...

Shmoe. Proud of you for your blogging! Keep it up! I found that blogger stinks when using Safari...so if you have Firefox..try doing it on that...works MUCH better! Also...download your videos on YouTube and then add them...it works for me that way. When ever I try to add video straight from Blogger, the sound never works!

We are back and we want to see you guys. Love you.