Saturday, June 7, 2008

Budapest

Budapest, Hungary was different.  It was not like all of the other main cities throughout Europe...it is still up and coming.  Not everything is perfect, but it is still very romantic.  It sits along the Danube River which makes for some nice evening strolls along the river bank.  We loved Budapest!  We definitely knew we had crossed the border on our train when officials came through with their machine guns to make sure that everyone on board was ok to pass through to Hungary.  I would love to go back and explore deeper into Eastern Europe.

"The Baths" are huge in Budapest.  Supposedly people come from all over Europe to spend time in the different bath houses.  I didn't get any photos of my favorite outdoor bath house, but here are two photos from one of the indoor ones that we went to.  

The cool lap pool
The underground hot tubs
A little chapel we happened upon while on a walk.
The views of Budapest.

We also saw some beautiful castles, multiple bath houses, fun parks hidden throughout the city, and some super cool markets with all kinds of goodies and yummy pastries. Budapest was grand!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my gosh Emily, I have never thought about going to Budapest, but your pictures are amazing and now I want to go. So so beautiful!

P and J Garaway said...

I might have to stop reading your blog, it just gets me depressed and wanting to book a flight anywhere in a hurry! Darn you!

Stef said...

my goodness, you guys have done some awesome traveling!