Friday, August 12, 2011

Cravings

I haven't really had many pregnancy cravings...unless you count my diet of pizza, bagels and cream cheese, and coca-cola during my morning sick period "cravings," but I more so consider those the only items that sounded somewhat appetizing. But, within the past few weeks I guess you could say I've been getting cravings. I have been dying for baked goods! Seriously, every time I am out and about I have to keep myself from stopping by Gayle's or The Buttery to purchase myself some sort of delicious, flaky pastry, fresh cookie, or moist cake slice with butter cream and ganache...it's a good thing I'm not traveling through Europe right now!

Last night it was Thai food...all i wanted was curry and Pad Thai. Luckily, I had two cans of coconut milk and green curry paste on hand, score! I whipped up some delicious thai green curry if I do say so myself, and it only took about 30 minutes start to finish...it would have taken longer for me pick up the take-out. The only problem is that I ate far too much and ended the night with that horrible pregnancy heartburn, but it was worth it :-) And I have enough leftovers for dinner tonight! As for the Pad Thai, I didn't have the ingredients on hand and I had never made it before...does anyone out there have a good pad thai recipe?



I just used the veggies that I had on hand: onions, bell peppers, green beans (from the father-in-law's garden), and basil (from our "garden). DELISH!

2 comments:

P and J Garaway said...

the cravings were just like mine - probably a baby girl thing! for our pad thai we make it spicy so you may not want to do that right now. we use the bangkok brand peanut sauce which is the spicy one. but i guess you could you any peanut sauce. then we do rice noodles (or sometimes top ramen noodles if we're lazy), egg, chicken, peanut, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and cilantro. It's actually peter's little dish, he learned to make it before we were married.

CAjohnsonfamily said...

Looks so good! I've been craving curry lately (I'm not pregnant) so I put it on the menu this week.