Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bermuda

Yes, it's true, we were just in Bermuda for 5 days. I know, so random....who goes to Bermuda??? It was a mixture of a work trip (though there was technically no work involved) and a vacation. I am so proud of Brian and his accomplishments at work last year. He is the hardest worker I know, and it was great to see him being recognized for all of that work.

Bermuda is not a place we would have ever chosen to go, but it ended up being just what we needed! I got to watch Brian relax for the first time in I don't know how long...we were so lucky that this trip fell at the time that it did. Being 7 1/2 months pregnant I was still feeling good and had a decent amount of energy.

We were put up at the Fairmont South Hampton, and this was the view from our room...not too shabby....

DSC05404

And the pool facilities...

DSC05407

The first two days of the trip there was quite a bit of rain, but we didn't let that dampen our spirits! Tropical rain is so different then the rain we get here, so it is more of a novelty. The dark clouds actually made for a cool photo...

photo(2)

Luckily our massages were scheduled on one of the rainy days, so it worked out perfectly. I can't tell you how great it felt to lay on my belly (they had a pregnancy massage table) and how fabulous my masseuse was! Brian experienced his first massage ever and he is now a HUGE fan...he looked like he was going to fall over from being so relaxed :-)

The water in Bermuda was the perfect temperature! Cool enough to feel refreshed when you get in, but warm enough that you could literally stay in it all day. Sorry in advance for the loooooong columns of photos...if I knew how to use Photoshop I would place some of them side by side, or make small collages, but I have no idea how to do it...anyone up for giving me a simple Photoshop tutorial?!?! Anyway, the water photos...

DSC05276

DSC05273

DSC05293

DSC05319

DSC05313

DSC05327

DSC05307

And now for a close-up of the belly....

DSC05310

DSC05334



Bermuda is expensive! We decided it is probably all east coast billionaires who own homes there. This is what most of the houses look like...

DSC05382

DSC05385

We spent most of our evenings attending company events where we actually had a blast...there were some great people to hang out with, and I even hit the dance floor two of the nights. I think maybe that is what wore me out the most! Here is Brian accepting his Falcon Award on the night of the big awards ceremony....Yay Brian!!!!!

DSC05339

DSC05344

DSC05345

And this was our last night at the goodbye beach party...

DSC05398

DSC05399

DSC05400

Well, that's the quick recap...we so enjoyed our time of relaxation, perfect water, and pink sand beaches!

5 comments:

Nini said...

Yay for Brian! 193% Woot Woot! Holla! Proud of you! And Emily, your bump is mini and you are beautiful!

The Furtados said...

#1: you are the tiniest 7 1/2 month preggers I've ever seen. Lookin' swell!
#2: 193% way to go Mr. B!
#3: I like how hunched you are in the group photo... did your back give out?

briandem said...

Haha, Lorraine, I seriously almost wrote under the group photo, "why am i so hunched over?" I love that you noticed that!

P and J Garaway said...

love the recap - sounds fabulous! now can i please meet that baby!?!

Pat Baer said...

Wow - beautiful pictures! You both look so relaxed. Big kudos to Brian for his hard work and good job to you on your pregnancy; you look stunning! Love you both xoxo