Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival

Two weeks ago we went up to San Francisco with some friends to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park. It's a FREE 3 day festival put on by a super wealthy guy who loves bluegrass...how cool is that? We only made it up for a few hours on the last day, so we missed many amazing shows (like Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris), but it was still fun to be a part of.

Believe it or not, I had never driven the coast up Highway 1 to San Francisco, so we took that route and it was a perfect day for it! On our way, we stopped at Taco Bell. Why? Because look where it is! Seriously, Best. Taco. Bell. Ever!

taco bell


taco bell 2

Go for a surf, a walk, or a fun day at the beach and you have food right in front of you. They even have an outdoor ordering window on the deck for all of their customers with sandy feet. How accommodating!

taco bell 1

The show was packed! There were six stages with concerts going on at each one all throughout the day. The main reason we went was to see the Avett Brothers since we had missed both of the shows they played in the area earlier this year. I needed to get my fix, and I did. They are so fun live!

Avetts


us

I think one of my favorite things about concerts is the people watching. These two danced the entire show! No joke, an hour and a half of the same movements over, and over, and over. He pulled out some really sweet hip movements which I didn't catch, but you'll get the idea.

2 comments:

Lis said...

I adore the Avett Brothers, and listen to them almost daily. I'd love a live fix too.

briandem said...

Lis, if you love them then you have to see them live some day....so much energy!!! You'd love it!