Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Favorite Summer Dessert

Summer is my favorite time of year, which is kinda unfortunate because we haven't had much of a summer in Santa Cruz the past few years. Luckily, Santa Cruz is one of the most beautiful places to be when the sun decides to grace us with its presence for the entire day, so I guess I can't complain :-)

I came across this dessert in Martha's "Everyday Food" magazine a few years ago and it has become my summer staple...it is SO easy and SO delish! You can even customize it to whatever fruit you have a hankering for.

Fresh fruit tart :-)
Strawberry & Blueberry Fruit Tart

The original recipe is made with fresh cherries and it is out of this world! Click here for the link. I have also made a mixed fruit version with strawberries, kiwis, mandarins, and grapes which is so colorful and pretty....really, the options are endless. But I must warn you, this dessert is sneaky. Though it is made with cream cheese (I use low fat) and whipping cream it seems so light and fluffy...I could probably eat half the tart in one sitting; it's dangerous! Oh, and another tip, if you happen to have any left over, it is so good for breakfast with a cup of coffee :-)

Now do yourself a treat and make this on a beautiful summer day...enjoy!

No comments: