Friday, May 20, 2011

The Bump

It's a strange thing having your body change in ways it never has before, but it's exciting knowing that there is a little life in there who is making all of the changes worth it. For some reason I didn't start taking belly photos until week 11, and even since then we missed weeks 14 and 16. But hey, at least we have documentation of the progress.

Week 11: don't mind me, this was during my sick period...the last thing I wanted to do was take a photo. At this stage baby is the size of a fig (just over 1 1/2 in. long).

week 11

Week 12: again, still sick...at this point baby is the size of a lime (just over 2 in. long).

week 12

Week 13: you guessed it, still sick....here, baby is the size of a medium shrimp, totally random, what happened to the fruit and veggie theme here (almost 3 in. long)?

week 13

Week 14: no photo, but baby is the size of a lemon (just over 3 1/2 in. long).

Week 15: At the end of this week I started feeling better...YAY!!!!! Hooray for no more nausea! Baby is about the size of an apple (4 in. long).

week 15

Week 16: no photo, but baby is about the size of an avocado (4 1/2 in. long).

Week 17: baby is about 5 inches long from head to bottom and weighs as much as a turnip.

week 17

Week 18: today marks week 18, so I don't have a photo yet. It's crazy to think that we're almost half way there! Today, baby is the size of a bell pepper (5 1/2 in. long).

In just two week from today we get to find out if baby Baer is a boy or a girl! Most people suspect a girl, and we kinda do too, but who knows. It will be nice to call it something other then the strange nicknames we've been calling it...everything from Herbert the Sesame Seed to Carl with a "C."

4 comments:

Nini said...

Most beautiful pregnant girl EVER. Love you...so excited for you guys and can't wait to find out if I am going to be an 'auntie' or an 'uncle'. (yes...I am still cheesey!)

Krista said...

You are gorgeous. You look cute even when you are sick. :) I need to see you again soon, I can't believe you are already almost halfway there!!

Vanessa Voth said...

You really do look amazing! I wish I lived closer so I could take your photos =) haha. If you end up coming out to Vancouver let me know! =)

The Furtados said...

It's a BOY... in theory...