Thursday, January 8, 2009

My newfound hobby

So I mentioned that I was finally going to learn how to sew after all of these years, and guess what? I have! I knew that I would need a goal if I was ever going to get anywhere, so I decided to make aprons for some of the ladies in my family for Christmas. It was super fun, and I think they turned out pretty cute. But, I couldn't have done it without the help of my mom...thanks mom for being a great sewing teacher!

I only have pictures of the half aprons that I made. I'm a bit sad that I never got photos of the full aprons...they were cute, kinda retro/50's style. Anyway, here is my first sewing project...


These are matching aprons for my sister Amy and her daughter Aaliyah


And this one was for my sister-in-law Jeni

I'm working on another sewing project right now. It's something simple, but cute. It's super fun creating things and seeing a finished product, I love it! Let's hope that I keep at it :-)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Good Emily! Those are lovely. I have a sewing project sitting in front of me waiting patiently to be cut out. But, I am on the Internet instead.

P and J Garaway said...

stop it, those are sooooo cute. nice fabric choices!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my apron, so so cute!! Now will you teach me how to cook??

Krista said...

oh wow em those are GREAT!! have fun!